The Arts Administration Intern provides assistance to the Managing Director at the Puppet Showplace. This position offers mentoring and hands-on experience in non-profit arts management. Fundraising, grant writing and research, corporate sponsorship development, event management, strategic planning and other areas of interest will be incorporated into the internship. The ideal candidate has experience in the performing arts, thrives in a creative teamwork environment, is a quick and eager learner, and has excellent computer skills.
- Work successfully as part of a creative and administrative team.
- Accompany Managing Director at meetings with professional affiliates.
- Assist in the development of strategic planning events for board of trustees.
- Research corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Proof grants.
- Document grant activities.
- Make public appearances at marketing and fundraising events.
- Other tasks as delegated by the Managing Director.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interest in performing arts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent collaborator.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and solve problems with creativity.