Early Childhood Arts Education
The Puppet Playtime Intern works directly with performers of “Puppet Playtime,” an interactive performance designed for ages 3 and under. This program is presented to public audiences at the theater on select Wednesdays at 10:30am through the Fall, Winter and Spring. Candidates with an interest/and or experience in the area of early childhood education must be available on Wednesday mornings from approx. 9am to 12:00pm in addition to other weekday availability for additional projects.
- Assist with house management and documentation (photo, video, audience surveys, etc) during public and touring Puppet Playtime performances.
- Assist in the building of props and other craft elements for Puppet Playtime performances.
- Expand outreach for Puppet Playtime audience using social media, press, research projects and cold calls.
- Create developmentally appropriate performing arts curriculum.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, on the phone and in person.
- Crafting skills involving paper Mache, cut paper, textiles, sewing, etc.
- Experience working in a classroom environment with ages 3 and below.
- Completed course work in Early Childhood Education.
Puppet Playtime Artists