Marketing & Social Media
The Marketing & Social Media Intern serves to provide assistance to the Communications Director at Puppet Showplace. Aspects of marketing, journalism, social media, development of promotions and advertising, and other areas of interest will be incorporated into the internship. The ideal candidate has experience with publicity efforts in the performing arts, thrives in a creative teamwork environment, is a quick and eager learner, and has excellent writing skills.
- Create social media postings for the Puppet Showplace blog, Facebook page and Twitter.
- Post Puppet Showplace events on on-line event listings.
- Assist with documenting marketing and social media efforts.
- Assist in the development of strategic planning for marketing and social media efforts.
- Work successfully as part of a creative team.
- Create press releases and develop relationships with new press opportunities.
- Document press coverage.
- Document events by taking photos.
- Make public appearances at guerilla marketing events.
- Make drop-offs of marketing materials to local businesses and cultural institutions.
- Other tasks as delegated by the Communications Director.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interest in performing arts.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.