Join the Puppet Showplace team! We are currently hiring for the positions listed below.
You can also learn more about our volunteer opportunities.
Stage Manager - Midnight Zoo
Apply by: August 23
Puppet Showplace seeks skilled and experienced stage managers for "The Midnight Zoo," an immersive outdoor performance experience created in partnership with the Franklin Park Zoo. The performance will run on Thursday through Sunday nights Sept 30 - Oct 30 2016 at the Franklin Park Zoo.
Event description: http://www.zoonewengland.org/engage/midnight-zoo
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing artists in rehearsal, tech, and performances
- Overseeing communication between performers (appx 30), designers, and creative team
- Creating and maintaining all relevant and needed production paperwork
- Convening production meetings as needed
- Planning and implementing nightly set-up and strike at the performance space
- Ensuring safety precautions and procedures are in place for all performers
Stage managers must have the following schedule availability:
- PRE-PRODUCTION based on availability, beginning in early September.
- REHEARSAL Sept 12-23, evenings and weekends (flexible based on availability)
- FULL CAST & STAFF MEETING Friday September 16, 6:00 pm
- TECH REHEARSALS Sept 24 - 29, evenings
- PERFORMANCES Sept - 30 - Oct 30, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Nightly call time: 5:00 - appx 10:30 pm.
Please e-mail a brief statement of interest and a resume including relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include contact information for 1 professional reference. Qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Puppet Showplace Theater is an equal opportunity employer.