Join the Puppet Showplace team! We are currently hiring for the positions listed below.
You can also learn more about our volunteer opportunities.
Box Office Associate
Apply by: April 28, 2017
(If you're seeing this, it means we're still hiring!)
The Box Office Associate at Puppet Showplace Theater serves to provide a positive experience for both patrons and performers. Supervised by the Box Office Manager, this position is responsible for house management, ticket reservations, product sales, and creating a professional and enjoyable environment for audience members and artists alike. The ideal candidate is outgoing, articulate, patient, friendly, good with children, and willing to assist patrons in a polite manner.
House Management, Box Office and Theater Administration
- Process purchases of tickets, memberships, workshops, and retail products over the phone and in person.
- Assist with Puppet Store inventory, cleanliness, and re-stocking.
- Enter reservations and perform data entry and management within OvationTix.
- Ensure cleanliness of both box office and public areas.
- Provide polite and professional service to customers both over the phone and in person.
- Interact with and assist audience members on performance days.
- Become familiar with show descriptions and other theater information so as to provide knowledgeable answers to customer questions.
- Prepare and distribute playbills.
- Usher performances and make announcements in the theater during shows.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer competency, and speed in learning. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required. Experience with OvationTix a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and ask questions when necessary.
- Flexibility and attentiveness to audience and performer needs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a reliable, punctual team player.
- Interest in early education, puppetry, and/or theater for young audiences.
Flexible part-time schedule. Successful candidates will be available for at least two 4-8 hour shifts per week, mostly on weekends. Performances are generally held Wednesday through Sunday, and shifts take place between 9:00am-5:00pm.
Additional hours as necessary for special events, including some evenings.
Availability during mornings, weekends, and holidays strongly preferred. Weekend availability is essential.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter (including your available days and hours) by e-mail to Paul Watkins, Box Office Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Deadline to Apply
April 28, 2017