Volunteering at Puppet Showplace Theater
Volunteers are an essential part of the Puppet Showplace team, enabling us to bring puppetry and beyond the theater into classrooms and communities.
DECEMBER 2017: CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
Puppet Showplace Theater will run gift wrapping stations at local stores in exchange for donations - a long-running tradition which generates funds for field trip subsidies, new works and more. Dates and details here.
If you are looking for ways to get involved in supporting the arts and education, we would love to connect with you. Whether you have only a couple of hours or many more, there are opportunities throughout the year for all ages, families and groups to get involved!
On-going volunteer needs:
- Education: Supervise kids craft activities at the theater and at Puppet Invasion events, connect us with your child's school for residencies or teaching opportunities
- Community Outreach: Spread the word, distribute flyers for shows and upcoming events, holiday gift-wrapping drives
- Special Events: Participate in annual gala planning, solicit donations for the gala auction, or contribute goods for puppet slam performances and special events
- Artist Support: Assist with errands that require a car, house out-of-town performers
- Theater Operations: Usher, help with administrative projects, theater beautification, spring cleaning, etc.
To be notified of upcoming volunteer opportunities and info sessions, please sign up below.
Interested in a larger role? Learn more about joining our Board of Trustees.