Volunteering at Puppet Showplace Theater
Volunteers are an essential part of the Puppet Showplace team, enabling us to bring puppetry and workshops beyond the theater into classrooms and communities. Last year, 75+ volunteers helped with everything from Puppet Invasion events to theater beautification to supporting the Midnight Zoo at the Franklin Park Zoo.
If you are looking for ways to get involved in supporting the arts and education, we would love to connect with you. Whether you have only a couple of hours or many more, there are opportunities throughout the year for all ages, families and groups to get involved!
On-going volunteer needs:
- Education: Supervise kids craft activities at the theater and at Puppet Invasion events, connect us with your child's school for residencies or teaching opportunities
- Community Outreach: Spread the word, distribute flyers for shows and upcoming events, holiday gift-wrapping drives
- Special Events: Participate in annual gala planning, solicit donations for the gala auction, or contribute goods for puppet slam performances and special events
- Artist Support: Assist with errands that require a car, house out-of-town performers
- Theater Operations: Usher, help with administrative projects, theater beautification, spring cleaning, etc.
To be notified of upcoming volunteer opportunities and info sessions, please sign up below.
Spring volunteer orientation
Thursday April 6, 2017
3:30pm and 7:00pm
Location: Puppet Showplace Theater
Interested in volunteering at Puppet Showplace Theater? Then join us Thursday April 6th for a fun training and orientation! Kids are welcome, refreshments will be provided. We'll learn about upcoming events, from shows to "puppet invasions" to the annual gala. One-hour sessions start at 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm. Learn more about volunteering and fill out a profile here: https://www.puppetshowplace.org/volunteer/
Interested in a larger role? Learn more about joining our Board of Trustees