DIY Puppet Crafts!
Bring some puppets to the table this Thanksgiving with these simple and cute DIY turkey puppets! And be sure to join us at Puppet Showplace for the last show in our "American Journeys" series.
ON STAGE NOW: "The Yankee Peddler: Stories and Songs from Old New England" by Resident Artist Brad Shur and Musician Christ Monti. Thursday, November 20-Sunday, November 30 (Two weekends including Thanksgiving weekend!)
- Construction Paper
- Feather Template (you can find it here)
- 2 cups
1. Use your two cups, one slightly larger than the other, to trace two circles touching side by side. Draw two curved lines to connect the two circles. Cut the whole outline out. You can trim around the edges to get your desired shape for the turkey's body.
2. Use the feather templates to trace and cut out various feathers of different colors. Glue them to the back of the turkey's body.
3. Cut out a three inch slip of brown paper. Curl the paper so you make a look that two fingers can fit through and glue the ends together. Glue this to the back of the turkey.
4. Cut out a beak, a waddle, and draw eyes, or add any other decorations you want your turkey to be sporting this holiday season! Now you're ready to put on a puppet show at dinner!