DIY Puppet Crafts!
Get ready for "The Frog Prince and Other Frogs" by Perry Alley Theatre with this simple, Do It Yourself puppet making activity.
"The Frog Prince and Other Frogs" by Perry Alley Theatre
Saturday August 4 - Sunday August 5, 1pm & 3pm
Make your own Frog puppet in under 45 minutes! Recommended for children ages 4 and up, with adult supervision. Once you finish, you and your new frog can go catch some bugs!
- Paper plate
- Construction paper
- Popsicle stick
- Coloring utensils (markers, crayons, etc.)
1. Color both sides of the plate green or cover it with green construction paper.
2. Fold the plate in half.
3. Make a small slit in the center of the fold for the tongue.
4. Cut a small strip of green construction paper and tape it to the botttom of the plate as a handle.
5. Cut out two green construction paper rectangles, round off one end, and then glue the other to the top of the plate for the eyes.
6. Cut out two white circles and then glue them on to the eyes. Draw black circles for pupils.
7. Using green construction paper, cut out two short front legs and cut out 2 long back legs.
8. Glue the four legs to the bottom of the plate.
9. Color a Popsicle stick red, then slide it through the slit in the mouth to make the tongue.
10. Now you can put on your own show with your new froggie friend!