Get into spirit of our upcoming show, Hiawatha, by making your own turtle rod puppet! Also don't forget to check out our show, Hiawatha, by Catskill Puppet Theater this week!
by Catskill Puppet Theater
Wednesday August 12th- Saturday August 15th
10:30 am and 1 pm
MAKE YOUR OWN TURTLE ROD PUPPET: RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 4 AND UP!
Green Construction paper
Plain white paper
1. Use scissors to cut out a wedge from a paper plate.
2. Glue the ends of the plate together to form a cone shape. This will be the turtle shell.
3. Use coloring utensils (markers, crayons) to decorate the turtle shell. Set aside for now.
4. On green construction paper, outline a turtle head, two arms, two legs, and a tail.
5. Cut out each piece using scissors.
6. Use stapler to attach each piece to the turtle shell.
7. Take another paper plate and attach it to the turtle shell with the stapler. This will be the turtle belly.
8. Use scissors to cut off any excess belly from the turtle shell.
9. Poke a hole in the center of the turtle belly with a pencil, scissors, or other sharp object. Ask an adult for help on this!
10. Roll a piece of plain white paper into a thin pole and insert it into the hole. Use tape to attach the pole to the belly. This will be the rod part of your rod puppet.
11. Make your own puppet show!