DIY Puppet Crafts!
Still telling ghost stories from Halloween? Now you can create your own spooky ghost story with these DIY ghost puppets!
ON STAGE NOW: Halloween Extravaganza! "Dr. Doohickey and the Monster Machine" by Resident Artist, Brad Shur. Thurs & Fri, Oct 29 & 30 at 10:30am, Sat & Sun, Oct 31 & Nov 1 at 1pm & 3pm.
- Mod Podge
- Toilet Paper Tube
- Aluminum Foil
- Black Construction Paper
1. Create a form for your ghost using the toilet paper tube as a body and by balling up aluminum foil to create a head. Tape two aluminum foil arms on the sides:
2. Cut several strips cheesecloth that can be draped over the form without too much excess. Make them fairly wide, about 3-4 inches:
3. Mix one part water to two parts mod podge in a separate cup. Dip the strips of cheesecloth into the paste mixture, squeeze out the excess, and drape the strips onto your toilet paper tube and aluminum foil form:
4. Once you've draped all of your cheesecloth strips, leave your ghost to dry. Once dry, carefully remove the hardened cheesecloth from the toilet paper tube and aluminum foil form. The cheesecloth may still be a bit moldable. Cut out a nose and mouth from black construction paper and glue it onto the ghost's face with regular mod podge:
5. Tell your own ghost stories with your new friend, and be sure to share them with us when you come to Trick or Treat on Station Street!