Our show this weekend, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, features many friendly, dancing rats! Make your own dancing rat with easy step-by-step instructions below. Check out The Pied Piper of Hamelin this weekend, by CactusHead Puppets!
The Pied Piper of Hamelin
by CactusHead Puppets
Saturday September 12th - Sunday September 13th
1pm and 3pm
MAKE YOUR OWN RAT ROD PUPPET: RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 4 AND UP!
Bamboo skewer or chopstick
1) Use a marker to design a rat body onto construction paper. If you would like, you may leave out the ear for now and design an ear on a different colored paper.
2) Draw and cut out an ear using scissors.
3) Cut out the rat body using scissors.
4) Using a gluestick, attach the ear to the body to create the rat. Set aside for now.
5. Attach a piece of masking tape to the end of the skewer or chopstick like so:
6) Now take the skewer and tape it to the rat body.
7) Give your new puppet some cheese, make it dance around, and throw your own puppet show at home! :)