Get into the spirit of our upcoming show: Sir George and the Dragon, by making your own dragon shadow puppet! Easy step-by-step instructions can be found below. Don't forget to check out Sir George and the Dragon this weekend, by Pumpernickel Puppets!
Sir George and the Dragon
by Pumpernickel Puppets
Saturday September 19th - Sunday September 20th
1pm and 3pm
MAKE YOUR OWN DRAGON SHADOW PUPPET: RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 3 TO 6
Black cardstock paper
Plain white paper
Bamboo skewers (or chopsticks)
1. Draw out in pencil your own design of a dragon, (or anything you want to be your shadow puppet).
2. Use scissors to cut out your drawing.
3. With a pencil, trace your drawing onto a black piece of paper.
4. Cut out your drawing from the black paper.
5. To create more surface area on the pointed end of the skewer, attach a piece of masking tape onto the end.
6. Now tape the skewer to the dragon. You now have your own shadow puppet!
7. Put on your own puppet show for all your friends! You can use a blank piece of paper and shine light behind it, while placing your shadow puppet in front of the light, to make your shadow puppets come to life!